Reading: University of Western Ontario, London, ON, November 2, 2016.
- “The Stories We Teach: From the Creative Writing Classroom to Reflections on the Page.” Canadian Writers’ Summit, Toronto, ON, June 17, 2016.
- Colorado College, Visiting Writers Series, Colorado Springs, CO, USA, March 22, 2016.
- Poetry workshop, Colorado College, Colorado Springs, CO, USA, March 23-24, 2016.
- Panel with Cecil Foster, Sylvia Hamilton, and Obi Simic. Moderated by Adrian Harewood. National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa, ON, February 23, 2016.
- Human Lit Library. David Suzuki Secondary School, Brampton, ON, December 15, 2015.
- Host of 905 Road Show, Sheridan College, Brampton, ON, November 25, 2015.
- “The Stories We Teach.” Sheridan Creates: A Conference of Scholars and Creators, Oakville, ON, October 28, 2015.
- High Park Poetry Festival, Toronto, ON, September 27, 2015.
- Hello/Goodbye Reading, sponsored by the Calgary Distinguished Writers Program, Calgary, AB, September 10, 2015.
- Flywheel Reading Series. Pages Books, Calgary, AB, April 8, 2015.
- Single Onion Reading Series. Shelf Life Books, Calgary, AB, April 16, 2015.
- “When Worlds Collide: Using Form to Solve Story in Comics and Text.” With Nick Sousanis.University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, April 8, 2015.
- Poetry and Fiction Workshop. Cochrane, AB, March 25, 2015.
- Workshops for middle and high school students at Rundle Academy and Alice Jamieson’s Girls’ Academy. Spring 2015.
- Various guest lectures and readings in classes at University of Calgary. Classes include Humour in Literature (Jason Wiens), Marginalized Literature (Christian Olbey), Fiction Writing I (Aritha van Herk), Creative Writing (Larissa Lai), Canadian Literature (Christian Bök). Spring 2015.
- “How and Why Should I Live a Creative Life?” Faculty of Arts Speakeasy Series. University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, March 18, 2015.
- “Longing.” University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, March 12, 2015.
- A Night to Re-remember. Shelf Life Books, Calgary, AB, March 3, 2015.
- “Nobel Prize Laureates.” Calgary Women’s Literary Club. Memorial Park Library, Calgary, AB, March 3, 2015.
- “On Writing Fiction: Writing Worries, Woes and Wows.” Alexandra Writers Centre. Owl’s Nest Books, Calgary, AB, February 17, 2015.
- “Love vs. Hate.” White Noise Talks. Panel. Sponsored by Wordfest and TELUS. TELUS Spark Centre, Calgary, AB February 12, 2015.